Monday, October 10, 2011

Pad Thai

My dad lived in Thailand for two years in 1974-1976. I lived in Thailand the summer of 2005 after the Tsunami. Thailand and Thai food have always been a staple at my home growing up. Living in Thailand made me appreciate my fathers cooking even more. I am grateful he passed on some of his skill at cooking fantastic Thai food. Pad Thai is a family favorite (pronounced: Paa Tye). It's a noodle dish with chicken and sometimes shrip or pork strips. It has tofu and egg as well. I made this particular dish with Chicken.


Pad Thai


½ C. Fried Tofu (prepared and set aside)
1 Egg beaten and fried separately and cut into cubes

8 Oz. Rice Noodles (Soaked in cold water for 30 min.)
3 TBS. Oil (Added to HOT pan)
3 Cloves Garlic minced
1 TBS. minced fresh Ginger
1-2 Chicken breasts cut up, or pork or shrimp
2-3 TBS. Pad Thai Sauce
¼ C. Fish Sauce
¼ C. Sugar
2 TBS. Tamarind Juice (Or Lime)
1 TBS. Paprika
¼ C. 1 inch chopped green onions or chives
¼ C. Ground roasted peanuts
2 TBS. Peanut Butter
1 C. Bean Sprouts

Cook the egg before hand, set aside. Cook the Tofu before hand, set aside.
Cook Chicken or Pork or Shrimp in oil and garlic and cook through, add the remaining ingredients.

Garnish with chopped raw peanuts, celantro and lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment