Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mexican Egg Rolls

My neighbor made this recipe for a gathering and it was amazing. It is so yummy with the avocado ranch dipping sauce. I love this dish. I decided to make it last night with a few alterations... You've got to try it,it's TASTY!

MEXICAN EGG ROLLS

1 Chicken breast filet
1 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- Cook chicken in oil, set aside
Cook the following until tender in the same pan:
2 Tbs minced red bell pepper (I used green)
2 Tbs minced green onion (I used regular onion)
-Add chicken and the following:
1/3 C. frozen corn
1/4 C. black beans, rinsed
2 Tbs frozen spinach, thawed and drained (I used fresh)
2 Tbs green chilies
2 Tbs minced fresh parsley (I used celantro)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
Dash of Cayenne Pepper
(I added one diced tomato at the end to give it a fresh taste)

Cook until all ingredients are cooked through, add 3/4 C. Monterey Jack cheese. Stir until Cheese is melted. Spoon chicken mixture into tortillas. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight. Deep fry or spray with cooking oil and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. (I cooked them fresh on a flat griddler.)


AVOCADO RANCH DIPPING SAUCE

1/2 C. Prepared fresh Ranch dressing
1/4 C. Smashed fresh avovado or 1 avocado
lime juice from half a lime
celantro leaves
blend together

Serve with egg rolls.
Yeild: 6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment