Monday, October 31, 2011

Apple Pancakes

One Saturday I had gone for a really long bike ride first thing in the morning with my parents, as a treat, we decided to go to breakfast. We happened upon a little shop called the "Original Pancake House". It's AMAZING! I didn't have the Apple Pancake, I had their California Eggs Benedict. Which, I crave nearly every weekend. I will recreate those at some future time. For now, I give you, APPLE PANCAKES!
APPLE PACAKES

Fry a few apples, I used 4, in a little bit of butter mixed with sugar and spices. I like brown sugar with cinnamon, cloves, allspice and nutmeg. (just a dash of each, two dashes of cinnamon)
Cook apples until soft.
Add the following to the pan to put straight into the oven:

3 eggs
1/2 C. Milk
1/2 C. Flour
1/8 tps Salt
Blend together


Do not stir, put straight into the oven (Preheated to 400 degrees) Cook until golden brown around the edges and large pumps form.

Turm upside down on plate and serve.
If desired, serve with a little syrup.

Yield: 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment