Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spaghetti Pie

When I was growing up I remember my mom making this dish once in a while. It was always a favorite. Now, as we are all grown, my brothers have had their wives make it for them. I decided to make it last night, I haven't had it since I was a young girl. It was as good as I remember. I made three of them to freeze two for later.

This recipe came from a cook book that specialized in everything MICROWAVED. It's old, it's from an old Betty Crocker book (I think) probably a wedding gift for my parents in 1977.


SPAGHETTI PIE

1 1/2 C. Cooked Spaghetti
2 eggs
1/3 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
The original recipe called for 6 oz. of spaghetti, but that must be DRY spaghetti because 6 oz. cooked was a very small amount. Shown above I weighed out 1 lb or 16 oz. that was a good amount!
Mix and put in 10 in. pie plate and form into a crust. Microwave for 2 minutes on high.

Fill with 1 C. Cottage Cheese
Next, fill with Spaghetti Sauce

(The recipe calls for the following, but I just cooked some onion, green pepper, 1/2 sausage 1/2 ground beef and mixed with botteled sauce.)

1lb. beef or pork sausage
1/2 C. chopped onion
1/4 C. chopped green pepper
1 8oz. can of tomatoes - diced
1 6oz. can of tomato paste
1 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic salt

Cook and place on top of cottage cheese:

Cover with Mozzarella cheese (1/2 C.) and cook in microwave until melted (about 3 minutes) Cook for 1 more minute and let sit for 8 minutes before serving. A pretty fast little dish!
It's really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment