Thursday, October 13, 2011

French Cream Filled Cupcakes

I had a church event last night I had to take a halloween treat to. I had BIG PLANS for a really creative treat, but this was all I ended up having time to do. This cupcake filling recipe was my best friends moms while growing up. I remember eating her cupcakes when I was very young. They were the best cupcakes ever. The filling is a french cream that is light and fluffy and very good.


French Cream Filling


Part 1:
5 Tbs. Flour
5 Tbs. Sugar - mix with flour
1 C. Milk
Cook until thick - cool to very cold

Part 2:
1/2 C. Butter
1/2 C. Shortening
3/4 C. Sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt

Beat part two on high speed for 5 minutes add to mix part 1, beat for another 5 minutes. Use tip 230 in a pasty bag & fill chocolate cupcakes made from Devils Food. Cupcakes frosted with choclate frosting.

Notes: I clearly didn't use chocolate frosting, but this light whipped frosting worked just as well.

1 comment:

  1. Sara these cupcakes were heavenly! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete