Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rice Pudding in a Crockpot

I laugh to myself as I type this because I think I totally made this up last night. I wanted to make something, but with my over zelous desire to do well with a recipe blog, I've cooked a few too many things. In other words, last night was a left-over night. So, I decided to make something really simple. Rice Pudding. I didn't want to stand over a stove and stir it for an hour, so I put everything in a small crockpot and walked away. It turned out great!

RICE PUDDING

2 C. Cooked Rice
1 1/2 C. Milk
3/4 C. Cream
1/2 C. Sugar (plus a little brown sugar for richness)
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
1/8 tsp. Cloves
1 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of salt
1/2 C. Raisins (Optional)

Put everything in a crockpot for two hours and stir every so often, I stirred it about every 20 minutes or so.

SUPER CLOSE UP! (I got it on my camera lense actually, if tomorrow's post is blurry you'll know why! Just kidding.)

Let's face it, rice pudding isn't exactly... pretty. (Perhaps a few mint leaves would have dressed it up a tad?) Regardless it sure tasted yummy! And a little comfort food can go a long way. I love it!

P.S. Don't eat the Cinnamon sticks, they were only for looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment