Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I promise I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I've just been really busy. So... I will catch up with several posts.

Today I wanted to share a few staples. This particular one will probably seem really odd if you haven't tried it before. But, it's one of those meals that we ate as children when money was tight.

RICE AND EGGS

Steamed white rice
Fried eggs in a pan
Soy Sauce

That's it.

When I lived in Thailand I was thrilled when I was offered rice and eggs. It was something I was familiar with and I didn't have to wonder what kind of animal was in it. (Thai food is WONDERFUL and delicious and healthy, but when made by displaced Thai's who's home was destroyed by a Tsunami, you were grateful for what they gave you because it was all they had. Hence, they got creative.)

No comments:

Post a Comment