Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Goulash

Goulash, the name itself was always funny to me. Growing up it wasn't a favorite. But, as an adult I quite like it. It's a very simple dish it consists of tomatoes, hamburger, onions, and Macaroni noodles.
I got creative with this batch though. I had several garden tomatoes that were ready to be used. I placed them in the oven with a little olive oil and a few garlic cloves and roasted them at 300 for 2 hours. This brought out the natural flavor of the fresh tomatoes. Once out of the oven, I pulled off all the skins and mixed the tomatoes with cooked ground hamburger and onions. I seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix with Macaroni and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. (Really, it's just spaghetti sauce.)

GOULASH

Diced tomatoes (bottled or fresh)
Season to taste with salt, pepper, dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, sugar, garlic powder and onion powder.
Ground hamberger cooked with a diced onion
Cooked Macaroni noodles (al dente - slightly under cooked.)
Mix
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment