Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Scalloped Potatoes

I adapted this from America's Test Kitchen Recipe. I will include their recipe later as I don't have it with me at the moment... This recipe is done in one pan - my version is anyway.

SCALLOPED POTATOES

Slice several potatoes (I used red potatoes, but Yukon Gold are the best for this recipe)
One onion diced
2 Tbs. butter
1/8-1/4 tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste
Chicken base (or one bullion cube)
Sautee the onion in butter and seasoning until tender
Add 1-2 C. milk (depending on the amount of potatoes you have. I used 1 1/2 C. milk for the sauce pan shown above.)

Taste the mixture, it should be a tad strong, only because the potatoes absorb most of the flavor. Add to potatoes to the liquid. Boil on medium to low heat until potatoes are tender. Place in a 350 oven until brown and bubbly on top.

I added cheese to the dish below. I guess that makes them Au Gratin Potatoes.



ROASTED ASPARAGUS

I like to roast my Asparagus in the oven with a little olive oil and kosher sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Sometimes I will add a pinch of red pepper flakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment