Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Red Velvet Bars

I am so far behind. I have been taking pictures like crazy, but I haven't had the time to post. Er... The time to adjust pictures. Okay, I haven't been making time because I gained a few pounds and wanted to ease up on the baking. So... I will do my best to keep it up.

I made these for a Christmas party. I didn't end up going to the party, I just delivered the bars. They were really yummy though and my tray came back clean, so I assume they were well liked.


RED VELVET BARS
Bars:
1 cube butter, softened
1 german chocolate cake mix
1 egg
1 oz. bottle red food coloring


Cream Cheese Layer:
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For the bars: combine butter, cake mix, egg and red food coloring. Batter will be stiff. Spread into a greased 9X13 inch cake pan. For the cream cheese layer: Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Spread over batter. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bars barely start to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely before cutting.

Side Note: I made two batches, one batch I added Raspberry flavoring along with the red food coloring. They were AWESOME!


No comments:

Post a Comment