Thursday, April 12, 2012

Asiago Artisan Bread

Lately I haven't done much cooking, but I have made a few loafs of bread. Last night I had a Church activity and one of the ladies shared her Artisan bread recipe and demonstrated how she makes it. It reminded me that I hadn't posted about my cheesy bread. I made this probably 3 weeks ago. This loaf has been my favorite so far. Making Artisan bread is SO easy and I love the outcome. My family does also. They ask me to make it all the time. I've had to tell them ‘no’ a few times, it's not great for the waist line. But it is delicious bread.

ASIAGO ARTISAN BREAD

3 C. Sifted Flour (plus extra for kneading)
2 1/2 tsp. Yeast
2 tsp. Salt (a little less if adding strong cheese)
2 TBS. Sugar
Mix dry ingredients, then add:
2 C. Water (Warm water if you're in a hurry)

1-2 Cups cheese, I used shredded Asiago, cheddar chunks and a few tablespoons of Parmesan, I added the cheese when I kneaded dough. (Add shredded Asiago to the top of the bread once you place it in the dutch oven.)

Mix ingredients together until well mixed with a fork, cover bowl with plastic wrap let sit until mixture has doubled or tripled in size. (About an hour.) It will look really wet and bubbly.

Turn oven on to 400, add Dutch oven to heat up with oven. (Dutch oven needs to be very hot when adding the dough.)

Meanwhile, knead dough with a extra of flour, add cheese let rise for 30 min while oven heats up.

When oven is at temperature and your dough has doubled in size again, add to hot dutch oven. Do not add any oil. Cook with lid on for 30 min. Remove lid and cook for 10-15 more minutes to brown bread.


Remove from oven. This is the end result. Yummy hot cheesy bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment