Monday, October 17, 2011

Banana Bread

I watched America's Test Kitchen on Saturday. They made Banana Bread. I already have a great recipe for my Grandma Betty's Banana bread, but this looked intriguing so I decided to give it a try. It was pretty good! I'd make it again. But, Grandma Betty's is better. Just sayin...

I didn't take a picture of the first step and now I wish I had. You take 5 banana's peal them and put them in a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap and then microwave them for 5 minutes. This will remove the liquid from the bananas to produce a more concentrated banana flavor.

Strain bananas over a mesh strainer and cook the banana liquid in a sauce pan until it thickens. Add back to bananas and mix with the rest of the wet ingredients.

BANANA BREAD

6 Bananas needed

Mix Dry Ingredients:
1 3/4 C. Flour
1/2 C. sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Mix Wet Ingredients:
1 stick melted butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 C. Brown Sugar


Mix wet with dry and add 1/4 C. toasted Walnuts.
Cut one banana diangnoly and place on sides of dish and sprinkle with sugar. Do not put banana slices on middle of bread batter, it will prevent it from rising properly.

Cook at 350° for one hour. Or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (I cooked mine for an hour and 20 min.)
Let cool and cover completely to store.
This was a great banana bread with great banana flavor. I'd definatly make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment