Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Years ago I lived in Nebraska. I met a little old lady who would make this recipe once a week. I loved having this treat once in a while. I don't make it very often because it's not exactly healthy. In fact, the calorie count would probably cause me to have a heart attack. But, I haven't made this for at least a year and I probably won't make it again for another year. It's still a really good little breakfast item.


SAUSAGE GRAVY

1/2 lb. Sausage (I used Jimmy Dean - Original)
Cook until cooked through or slightly brown, like you would ground hamburger.
Add 1/2 stick of butter and 3 tbs. flour and 1/2 tsp black pepper mix and brown slightly, add milk and a little cream until desired consistancy, about 2-3 cups.

Pour over biscuits. I just used Pillsbury Grands.

No comments:

Post a Comment