Monday, October 24, 2011

Mom's Meatloaf

When I was young I remember my mom making meatloaf. It didn't happen very often, but it was always really good. I asked her what she did in the past and she gave me her recipe, it was from memory from Grandma Betty. I decided to try it last night.


MOM'S MEATLOAF

2 lbs. Ground Beef/Hamburger
1/2 lb. Sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
3 eggs
1 C. Saltine crackers crushed
1/2 C. Half and half
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 Tbs. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Worchestire Sauce
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1/2 C. Chopped onions (Next time I will saute the onions first)
1/4 tsp. dried Thyme
1/4 C. Ketchup - Plus extra for the top of loaf
2 Tbs. Fresh chopped Parsley
3 dried leaves of sage rubbed and shredded (optional)


Mix all ingredient together by hand. Place in a loaf pan or on a cookie sheet, shaped into a loaf. This makes enough to do both. Cover with a few squirts of ketchup and coat loaf to make a crust.

Cook at 350° until internal temperature is 160° - 165°. (About 1 hour)

I made the one on the cookie sheet and as I was getting a plate down to take a picture. I dropped a plate and shattered it all over the meatloaf. So... That one went in the garbage. So sad.

It turned out really good. I love this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment